Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I'm a little obsessed...

**WARNING** this post has, well, NOTHING to do with teaching... Because it's summer, and I sometimes we all just gotta take a break! :)

Anyways...I'm super obsessed... with my breadmaker! I hate cheap grocery store bread. I won't eat it. My roommate buys the "White Wheat" bread and talks about how good it is and how healthy it is. It's gummy white wonder bread. That's all I can think of. I like thick hearty bread. I like french breads, ciabatta breads, beautiful loaves you can smell in the oven... I like toasted bread, bread that doesn't fall to pieces...
Excuse my messy kitchen!
So when my friend was trying to get rid of her breadmaker--I jumped on the chance! I made 4 loaves of bread the first weekend I had it.... I couldn't stop! The house smelled amazing. Well, I gave it a break for a week or so, but now we're out of bread again! So, guess what I'm doing today? Yup. I just made the most beautiful loaf of bread with yummy yummy whole wheat flour. It smells delicious!!!







I wrapped it up nicely, but I'm feeling a rumbly in my tummy... I may not be able to wait to share it with everyone else. My goal is not to have to buy bread at the store anymore. I love making things at home...
Ideally one day I think Boy Blue and I would like to be pretty self sufficient. I mean, how cool would it be to have everything I needed in the garden right out the back door??? J is really good in the garden (I'm NOT...) but the Phoenix heat tends to kill things! :( His mom does a lot of horticulture stuff and he grew up out in the country, so he knows a lot more than me... I leave most things green to his expertise.

We have a small garden growing some beautiful heirloom tomatoes, lettuce, melons (yet to see those growing...), squash, peas, an orange tree... and other things that I'm not thinking of right now! But, I would love to  be able to keep things growing year-round. I'm learning! :) My favorite things right now are my basil, cilantro, and oregano plants on my kitchen windowsill! Yummm, nothing better than fresh herbs!


I guess I'm a little bit of a foodie. Or a wannabe foodie. I'm a wannabe-lot-of-things... haha!
Look at my baby!!




Until then, I guess I'll stick to getting discounts at the grocery store and loving my costco membership. And cuddling with my baby puppy... But I guess she's really not much of a puppy any more. {but I can still call her that because she's the littlest...right??} She's turning 1 year old this month though!! YIKES.

Well excuse me, I think I hear my breadmaker--the cinnamon raisin loaf is done!!! YUMMMM! 
Can you smell it from there??

She destroyed a pillow.... I was sweeping up
her mess and look at that face!!
Sleeping on my pillow... Not spoiled at all!!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I'm your first follower! I found you through the state bloggers linkup and I'm also an Arizona blogger. Your breadmaker sounds yummy. I've always wanted to get one.

Kaitlyn said...

Hi Jacqui! I'm your newest follower now too! Thanks for following. Stay cool in this 110 degree heat! YIkes! Enjoy your summer!

Post a Comment